Friday, July 28, 2006

Its none of your business !!!

Im going to start off with some happy thoughts, cos im quite angry about the main topic that im gonna post about...

when i got to my lab this morning, there was one perfect pink rose in a beaker (yes, a beaker) on my desk. it was so beautiful, however, there was no note attached to it, so, i made it my mission of the day, to find out where the rose came from... I asked every single person in ther entire department, but no-one knows where it came from, app. its been there since about 7 this morning... so, it would seem as though one of my many wishes came true, and even though i didnt get an entire bouquet, i did get some sort of Flora for my birthday .. yay!!!

now for the upsetting part...
my mum and dad, and dad's brother and his wife, went to visit a cousin cos he and his family were held up, in their home a few days ago, and the man and his wife were beaten uip quite badly. (shame)
anyway, this is a snippet of the conversation that took plasce btw the three ladies:

B**** Aunty: How was your son's wedding?
Mum: oh, it went very well.
BA: but he is so young, my nephew (who is a dumb ass) doesnt want to get married just yet, he says he is enjoying life ... SILENCE ...
BA: you know, my daughters are studing arabic from home, because they said they dont want to go to university, if parents know what there children get up to at the campuses, they wont allow there children to go...
BA: (without allowing either mum or my aunt to say anything) Isn't your daughter still at campus? she has been there for soooo many years!!!
Mum: yes, but its not like shes there because she is faling or anything, she is finishing her Masters this yr.
BA: silence (cos, the dumb B**** prob. doesnt know what Msc is!!)

then she says:
you know, I dont allow my daughters to take the car and go anywhere alone, but we always see your daughter coming into the complex to fetch her friend "S" . My daughters just sit at home!!!
Mum: its not like like go to strange places or anything, but, you cant keep them locked at home you know ....

What the F*** is wrong with this woman... she is FAR family, she sees me once every 24 months (if she is lucky) and she sat with my mum, and tried finding faults about me. I mean, im sorry but if her daughters are dumb, barbie wannabees that have droppe dout of school, (and thats why they wont go to university) don't come and pick on me for your shit... besides aunty, your innocent daughters don't even have to go to university to do the stuff that all the other immature, small shits of today are doing, cos they doing right under your freaking fat nose...
AND, your daughters dont go out anywhere, becuase BOTH their boyfriends are always in YOUR house, and taking your daughters out, so, they dont have any other friends that they have to meet/ socialzie with.....

Gosh, im so angry, what right do people like this have, to talk about others like this. To defame character, and jump to conclusions just becuase we study? And if my parents trust me, and know that im not doing anything sinister, what business it is of hers or anyone esle for that matter....

These Indian aunties seriously, have nothing better to do, than to sit and slander, and spread rumors , why dont they look at their own families, and try changing them FIRST !!!

8 comments:

Shafinaaz Hassim said...

hiya serendipitous one...

lol

im usually a girl of many words but this one has me pretty speeChless! aah, the age old wisdom of women with mundane lives!
and ur poor mom for having to put up with such entertainment!
i say, take it all as a HUGE compliment! 2 u AND to ur folks :P

happy belated, btw:)

zee said...

I think your mum was tooooo polite - she should have put her in her place!

so who sent the rose? did u find out who your admirer is?

Bilal said...

happy belated!
kick the old in the head- only way to solve her problem!
tanx 4d link:)

Ruby :) said...

Zee: yeah, i agree and i told my mum that she should have told the Damn aunty something, but, mum is too polite at times... havent found out where the rose came from:< :<

Bilal:U'r welcome !!!

Saaleha Idrees Bamjee said...

a friend of mine has a name for aunties like these - The Dildo-Brigade.
The context behind the label is a complex albeit funny one- i'll blog it someday. but suffice it to say, it fits.

more power to you, aluta continua.

Anonymous said...

i hate aunties like that.
they did it to me.
and coming from a small town it was worse.
the whole town had their 2c to add.

but i didn't give a hoot. screw them.
lol.
im still studying like a mad woman and to be like ruby is my goal!
masters in law!!!! yeah baby!!!
let me finish my undergrad tho.

just say, "Screw uuuuu!!!!!"
lol.

Ruby :) said...

Thanks for the compliment fati, but, take this as a warning.. once u register for masters, u are signing ur certificate to spinsterhood, cos the guys out there are too dumb and get intimidated by intelligent women (like us) and their mothers think that we wont be able to look after there sons becos we only studied and do not anything else (not true though!!!)

Anonymous said...

shucks...well i don't know if i'll ever get that far. inshAllah I will some day :)