Friday, July 27, 2007

Happy Birthday to ME!!!




Its my birthday!!! and i will smile if i want to ...

i have an amazing day...and in my wise old age, i have come to realise, that i have family, friends, and loved ones that care about me, and have helped make my day extra special..so, this year, i will not be making up any lists of events gone by, no crying over spilt milk, loser idiots that missed my boat, friends that betrayed me, and people that irritated my life.. No, this year, I am giving thanks for all the good that i have in my life. All the bad people and things that Allah has removed from my path, cos He alone knows what is good for us, All the wonderful moments that i have been blessed with, All the amazing people that have had the privilege of meeting over the last year (esp. all the bloggers, that started out as strangers, but have now become friends that mean so much).... All the good that I have managed to accomplish (and the rest that i will hopefully still accomplish), The good Health that i have been blessed with, the wisdom that is meant to increase as my years on this earth accumulate, and the lessons of life that i am still, and will continue learning till my last day... For this I am grateful... and happy ... and i will age gracefully.. with a smile on my face!!

Happy Birthday to Ruby
Happy Birthday to Ruby
Happy Birthday to ME
Happy Birthday to Ruby...

btw, i am now over the QLC hill.. I turned 26 today!!!

6 comments:

My dartboard said...

Bada bing!

Happy birthday Rubster. Gosh I remember when i was 26, aaah the days when petrol used to cost only...

:)

Word verification:
aeigunr
Bloody hell!

safiyyamk said...

hey happpppppppppy birthday ruby... glad u had an amazing day...

mau all your wishes come true :)

Mohamed Karolia said...

Happy Birthday Ruby !!!!

M Junaid said...

many happy returns of the day
hope you have a great year

qdee said...

happy belated birthday sweety!! i been out of bloggerworld, but i smiled like this :D when i saw the hey shona and micheal buble songs :) yayyy!

Anonymous said...

Salaams Ruby, and very happy bday

May all ur duas be accepted, and dreams come true. like u say, Allah knows best what is good for us - and when - and when ur ready for the things ur so eagerly awaiting, they will come to u. it's amazing how fast things can happen, and how perfectly things can fall into place - i speak from recent personal experience. and it just strengthens u so much, not only in faith and closeness to your Creator, but also in your own confidence in life.

i don't really go along with the phrase of making each second count - not on that minuite scale like that - but i do think that regardless of where you are in terms of your deen and spirituality, and your personal growth, every day you have opportunities to do good things, and do things that will advance you in all those areas. you may not understand how a certain thing could help you...but you don't need to understand HOW, because we're not supposed to know all the secrets of the unseen. i guess scientifically-minded people may have this habit of wanting to know how things work, and figuring out the behind-the-scenes workings - but life is not a science. not a science that humans will ever master, at least.

so anyway, i wish you all the best for the coming year, and coming years, and hope that each day, each salaah, each good deed, everything you do brings you closer and closer to Allah; and through that, insha-Allah, you gain the inner peace and contentment which is the real success of this life.

Take care
Y