Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I met a guy !!!

Approx reading time: 3 minutes

Im sure most people know that friday night was an auspicious night for Muslims... We believe that on this night your book of deeds for the past year is closed, and a new one is opened for the following year... On this night it is also noted everything that will happen during the course of the year ... i.e. who will be born, who will leave this world, etc...

My year has started off with a really good, big bang... I met a guy.!!!!

Now, everyone that reads my blog, should be aware of all the HORRIBBLE, dates that i have been one, so, i wasnt expecting much, but, before we met on saturday, he emailed during the week and sent me his pic and asked for mine and since he looked really handsome in the photo, i sent him a stunning picture of myself (they all are anyway) we chatted on the phone and only then agreed to meet up for coffee ... Turned out really well... im trying not to get too excited over it, just in case I jinx it or something.. but, he seems like a great guy.. so, fingers and toes are crossed...

btw... zee: "i know, i lied, and yes, i agree, you do know me better than most people!!!! sorry for ditching you, but H.D is not opened as yet anyway, so, we WILL do it soon... I promise !!!!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

is that where u have been lost, for the past week!

waiting for updates :))))

fida . . .

Anonymous said...

lol...ruby was too busy running around in lurve land to worry about us little people *sulk* :P
yay 4 ruby! :)

My dartboard said...

Ta for that. I know it was pretty auspicious but if friday was a sign of things to come, i'm in the dwang. I just broke up on friday night. :(
Remember the guy is always right. Well to his face at least...

OH

Ruby :) said...

OH: im really sorry to hear about your break-up, and i disagree, the guy is NEVER right, he just thinks that he is... well, it may have been an indication , just not the way you reading it, perhaps it was a closing of a bad relationship, and a beginning of a brighter year hey?
Ruby :)

Saaleha Idrees Bamjee said...

:)yay.

lovely.

early days, what a rush!

coz i'm such a girl like that, you gotta post every single detail:)

Ruby :) said...

fida, Fatima and saaleha: He is not currently in JHB, but he is flying down for this wknd (this evening) so that we can go out for supper tomorrow evening, and sunday for lunch, .. so, will def. have lots of details on monday...

Muhammad said...

damn... all i remember of the first coupla months is butterflies and littel heart cards and now.. almost 5 years of marriage... I can agree with Ruby that the Guy is NEVER right, even when he is, it doesn't matter who's fault it is, the guy always has to say sorry (you can wonder what the hell happened afterwards)...

Lol before i give too much away... I see butterflies on Ruby! Good on you. Just remember one thing and I give this advice far too often to everyone... the most important thing to look for is piety, that means a good character and strong connection with Allah, I know it seems all up-in-the-air but believe me...

I've seen this happen too many times and it's beginning to get boring, Choose very carefully, because 6 months after marriage you'll see that what the person actually looks like doesnt matter AT ALL.

Ofcourse it does now, otherwise how the hell you supposed to be attracted right? But Pleeeez, the character thing... important :)

Just helping out a sister, and as a guy.. no I dont want the details... send emails to S,F and F :)

wasalaam.

M.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bilal said...

Congrats!
Hope this works out well and you are both happy...

Mohamed Karolia said...

Good for you, all the best

Shafinaaz Hassim said...

sigh.. we considered breaking onto HD today.. other option was the diamond store.. but found a private party going on inside that they DIDNT INVITE US TO. can u blv it!!

rah* said...

Ruby...hope it goes well, goodluckgoodluck


kimya: magnum the diamond store? lol I was invited. I'm invited to Schwartz too, not that I'm a bling fanatic, but it's for promotional thingies, take your tourists there and you get a cut. Soooo anyone interested in buying bling? ;p

Shafinaaz Hassim said...

lol

hey QL.. the party was at HD :P

Ruby :) said...

hey..

thanks for all the wishes, make dua that it works out, this guy really seems wonderful, and we get along really well...(i had an awesome wknd) and right now, it seems like like he is everything that ive been looking for... (and now i will stop, before i make anyone gag... But, I have been smiling alot lately... ok... i'll stop now!!!!
Fatima: I could, and will never forget you , no matter how crazy in luvland i might be..
Kimya: HD is taking forever isn't it?
Muhammad: that is the best advice anyone has given me thus far( and you know how ppl always add their two cents .. i will def. remember it.. thanks...