Monday, June 19, 2006

these are the dates of my life !!!


firstly, let me apoplgise for not having blogged for well over a month. There was a wedding (not mine, my brother's, and then I was in bed with bronchitis, n then, the ever present problem ... WORK !!!

And between all of this,(about a month ago... ) I had yet another blind-date which seemed like it was going sumwhere, but later took a drastic left-turn into a ditch!!! heres the story... hope u guys have a good laugh, its too ridicule not too... the pic is a tribute to the Dr.Idiot (who is French from Mauritius, but, to my disappointment, idiot in french is spelt the same...)

A really sweet n wonderful friend of mine had a brainwave... to set me up with her boyfriend's friend...so, i agreed...(after the last 11 odd disasters over the last two yrs, i fugured it couldnt be too bad.... since this guy was a Doctor!!!)

anyway, the blind date went well, followed by a movie, followed by a text msg that evening saying it was niceto have met me.. n when was i free for coffee again.. so, this started a series of coffee-dates and daily mxit conversations which lasted for approx. 2-3 hrs every day... ( those of u who havent heard of mxit.. its an online chat program on ur cellphone, that is really cheap n saves u from making an hr long phonecall to ur bestfriend to update her on the latest gossip...)

anywayz, after bout a month of constant contact.. this dude then decides to "explain a few things "
This is a snippet of the conversation that we had....
"""Idiot: i hope that u r not expecting anything from this relationship. I really like u, u r really cool n an interesting person, but we have differences
Me: I wasnt expecting anything from u , but what kinda differences?
Idiot: Someone who is not traditional...
Me: Traditional meaning?
Idiot: the way things are done, weddings etc.
u r different from me, i am looking for sumone who is like me, im not sure how she must be exactly, mayb i wont ever meet her .. im not being fussy, thats just how i feel... im sorry if i have hurt u ... i really like, but as a friend... so, can we still spk everyday n meet up?
Me: I have a lot of friends, but i dont chat to all of them everynite, so i dont think thats a good idea...
Idiot: oh yes, i can see how that would cause us to become involved...but thank u for agreeing to be my friend, and im sorry if i have not lived up to ur expectations!!! """" (the rest of the conversation went downhill from there, whereby he made it sound as though as i was hopelessly in love with him n i propositioned him(for God alone knows what) and he feels that he is hurting me so, sorry... but i really want to be ur friend... )

I ask u ... which dumb ass goes on a blind date/ set-up to "make friends? " did he not realise that the point of a blind date.. is to met a person who could be a potential "sumbody" ??? n y waste his time, as well as my precious time (for a month) when we have such extreme differences?

so, the conclusion to this disaster is... NO MORE SET-UPS/BLIND DATES... be it my family or even my best best friend ..I will be out the door and missing before they can even mention his middle name...

4 comments:

Saaleha Idrees Bamjee said...

i'd like the co-ordinates of the planet that keeps sending out these life-forms, so that one day when the technology is available to us, a careful aim with a domestic laser is all it will take to obliterate their species, or at least give them a nasty enough burn.

Anonymous said...

ruby,
oh my god!
let's find a gun! shoot the Dr. Idiot! quick! these blind dates are hilarious (during my one friends blind date..she nearly killed me for laughing like a hyena while the date was in process - i couldn't help it).

maybe you should do "samoosa runs" aka arranged "viewing" ;P

saaleha: it's called Mars sweety.
Men are from Mars
Women are from Venus

Ruby :) said...

Saaleha: mayb we could shoot them to pluto, since thats the furthest planet n then we wont have to suffer by breathing in the same air as them...

Belladonna: no, no,no, NO samoosa or even a bhajia run for me.. ANYMORE... the crappy thing bout Dr. Idiot is that he was actually a nice guy who just drastically metaphorphised into jerk material... talk about Dr Jekyll and Mr hyde hey:> :>

Anonymous said...

lol, i will always stand by my opinion that men have schizophrenia.

somedays they can be so charming and other days you wonder why is their a knife in your heart???

;)