Friday, June 30, 2006

A week away from the madness ...

This post is to notify all my newly-acquired-blog-friends (once again.. THANK YOU ZEE!!!lol) that i will be away at a conference hosted by the South African Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (SASBMB) which is running from 2-6th july in Pietermaritzburg... so no entries for the next wk...

I will be acting all professional, and im even presenting a poster on the research that i have done thus far... (impressive hey?) The title of my poster is : THE ANALYSIS OF HSP 70 GENES IN WILD TYPE(COL-O) AND MUTANT(EDS 16-1) ARABIDOPSIS CELL LINES USING SUPPRESSION SUBTRACTIVE HYBRIDIZATION (SSH) ....

yeah, i know, its a mouthful, but im hoping to have lots of nerdy fun... n hopefully if the weather is good, we planning on driving down to Durban for the day... The BEACH... YAY!!!!

so, until next week..
ciao

5 comments:

Saaleha Idrees Bamjee said...

so what i really want to know is, and i dont know if this falls within the ambit of your field, when can we expect trees that fruit lindt chocolate?

Anonymous said...

I wish I understood what the title meant
:P

Enjoy and have lotsa fun.
Besides, it will be GUNSTON..and you know what that means?
Raging hormonal boys prowling DBN's beachfront.
Keep your camera ready for some delicious photos :P

Ruby :) said...

hi.. im back!! had a blast of a time.. n i just have to say.. Scientists (in general) and BIOCHEMISTS?RESEARCHERS (in particular) have such a fascinating sense of huour.. i was amazed by my own species...
Saaleha.. that is a very IMPORTANT question that u have put forward.. i am planning on discussing it with my supervisor as soon as she gets back from her holiday(mayb i can base my PHD study on that, WOW!!!)
Fati: I might be showing up my age, but im not really into the gunston, i went to the Natal Botannical Gardens and Howick Falls instead.. (n no, that does not mean im a stuck up boring person)there were lots of VERY handsome guys at the conference, but they were all non-muslim... nice to look at, but not nice to know...

Anonymous said...

Hehe! I know what you mean! We're not old, we're just bored :P I went to Gunston once and I only went to the beachfront ONCE in that whole week.
I prefer swimming (even though it might be cold) and doing other activities in DBN instead. Parading is too boring.

Lindt trees...I want a whole orchard of those.

zee said...

and some more praise...awww shucks, you didnt have to say that.....oh ok if u must :)

Keep the praise coming - theres nothing like a good EGO BOOST :)

I'm liking it ! :))))))))))))))