Friday, March 23, 2007

Random Thoughts

Those of you that have been reading my posts over the last two weeks know what I has been happennine regarding "the Guy" ... well, I have been thinking alot, and I have realised taht I am very proud of myself and the way that i have handled the entire situation. I have not over-reacted (as some ppl have done in similiar instances) and I dont think that im bordering on the suicidal/pyschotic etc.
The thing is, I have realised that my chosen career may be my downfall; you see, since i am scientist, i tend to overanalyze even the slightest thing, and i need a reason and explaination for every.. little.. atomic-sized thing said or done... and that is why I am always going over conversations and meetings etc. trying to get it from evry angle.. but, sometimes, tangible answers are not possible and i all my wisdom I have accepted the fact that he was just "a loser" and didn't deserve me, or he would have still been around, and i am sure that Allah in his infinite wisdom will bestow upon me something bigger and better in the future( hopefully not too distant future.. like when im 35 or something!)....

I was telling my brother about the situation and he looked and me and said: I would tell you that everything happens for a reason, but since you are a scientist, i will try and putting it in your language... For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction" i stared at him blankly, cos i was sure if he meant my action was wrong/The loser's action was wrong/ the entire situation was wrong???? and he wouldnt elaborate either... He just told me not to be sad...

so, coming to more exciting news....
I am going on a holiday !!!! YAY!!!
Kulula had a special running last thursday and friday, and i managed to get myself a return flight to Cape Town for only R400.... Its still a while away, Im flying down on the 9th of May(wed.) until the 15th(tues) ... initially, i planned on going only for the wknd, but somehow extended it to almost a week... so, im not quite sure what im gonna be doing all those days, (any CT bloggers want to meet up for coffee/lunch plz mail me) since the friend whose place that i will be at, will be at work during the day in any case... but, i think i need a break, and it also serves as motivation for me to work really hard( considering all the public holidays in April) so that i at least have some sort of results to show to my supervisor as proof before i ask her (very sweetly) for a week's leave...

as for this weekend, I have so many social happenings, im going to be exhuasted come mondya morning( normally my wknd consists of a movie and some shopping ) but, this evening, im meant to be going to the pro20 finals (weather permitting) cos its raining today, then tomorrow evening is a "campus reunion " braai, with all my old pals that have now moved into the "real world' (and im still living the student life" as they put it... ) and sunday, i am attending a wedding of a freind taht was at campus with me, in the east rand, and then i have to rush and drive all the way to Sandton, for a bridal-shower at three... (theme of the shower is High tea.. so entry only if you have gloves and a hat ) going to be soo cool! so, im so glad that i have interesting things to do this wknd...

10 comments:

SouthAfrica said...

I can relate - I also tend to overanalyse, unfortuanately often with a negative slant. Self knowledge is power though (my strength is in knowledge of my weakness). Awesome that you managed to get on one of those Kulula specials. Have a good trip to Cape Town (my home town).

Mohamed Karolia said...

I was in the science field and now in the legal field so i can so relate to overanalyzing things. And dont worry you will get somethign much better in the future :) Ameen
I can also relate to the fact that all my friends are in the real world and im still studying (2nd degree and everything) lol im such a loser :)

Enjoy the cape :)

SingleGuy said...

I'm coming up to Jozi next week. I haven't got a planned itenarary yet, just going to spend some time with my sister and her fam. I always check these specials too late!

When you come down to CT let me know. I'd love to change your mind re: doctors...I'm almost offended by the quote of the day!

BTW, first time I've had a chance to read your blog in ages, so i kinda missed the whole rules thing.
but I think having well defined rules at the beginning of a situation for grown up people is not a bad idea....I think I'll institute some rules of my own.

safiyyamk said...

its when you in a hectic career choice ppl tend to talk to you in that technically tone- as if u cant understand simple english....

enjoy ct- have a blast!!!

Muhammad said...

Dudette, like... marry him already.

eish.

M.

Anonymous said...

Ruby sweety...I think I get what your brother is saying.
And yes, don't be sad.
Stuff the stupid boy :P

I agree on the whole overanalyzing thing...I'm studying law...and I tend to do the same thing :/
Every little thing said I scrutinise and eventually go a little bit bonkers.

Anonymous said...

Eish!

Usually when you have questions it is because the answers are not satisfactory. Somewhere in that is an answer. I think. So often things dont fit and we try to force it because well we cant see beyond our own immediate pain.

So dont blame your career path, because you were very right to ask questions even if it did come across as over analysing. Sometimes it's too easy to brush off things.

Single life rules!

HHP

High Ruler of Blogistan

Ruby :) said...

SG: hey, u coming to Jozi.. cool, hope u have a good time with your fam. Its still a while till my holiday, but will def. let u know when im there.
Muhamad:who must i marry???
k-man: do u feel old being at campus cos i sure do? but i still maintain that i would never have been happy doing anything else.

bb_aisha said...

Hav a blast in ct! how was the bridal shower?hat n gloves-how ladylike n lovely. I kno how u feel.im only-finally!-completin my bsc degree this yr while all my frnds hav long graduatd n r workin.but then,im workin in media albeit freelance.

mazozo said...

LOl enjoy your holiday ruby i still have to visit that place sigh an don worry relax lol life is cool