Monday, May 28, 2007

current mood: sad

I am having a sad day.. despite the fact that my presentation went well, the sales reps. from the two companies that were present were impressed that i have thus far, managed to get this technique called SSH to work, the one said that she has only met three people that have got it to work.. so i was quite chuffed with myself... and if I get enough mRNA , i wont even need the R75 000 , all my sequencing can be done at R20000 max... yay, there is a faint glow of light at the end of the tunnel... but still.. i am in a really crappy modd, feeling as though i am all alone... and i just want to cry!!! I hate feeling like this... and chocolate is not working? so now im clueless as to what to do.. maybe i should go shopping? that's an idea!!!

8 comments:

SingleGuy said...

hmm....never thought I'd see the words "mRNA" and "sequencing" on these blogs....

Isn't cool having a language of our own?

Anonymous said...

YAY! I'm so happy that your presentation went well! :)

PMS?
The fact that people are bugging you to get married?
That could be the reasoning...
However, retail therapy works if chocolate is not the answer (but don't buy some ridiculous item... :P)

Ruby :) said...

fatima: its not PMS, and the marriage issue is def. a thorn in side... as for reatail therapy; tried it, but was left feeling sadder, cos i couldnt find my size in the boot that i want!!!
SG: lol, i know what you mean, and the cool thing is, u know what im talking about... its awesome..

bb_aisha said...

Wanna do my micro assignment?recombinant technology and gene expressn swimmin laps in my head. Alham,so happy 4u bout presentation. As 4 mood,its like readin my own thghts.i empathise-havin one of those rare down days today too,when all i want to do is cry.but i wont-even tho eyes tear up-cos i kno i hav lots to smile for. I also went shoppin,n didnt find shoe i wantd. Watchd the namesake-which made me sadder.

r said...

hey rubes.. Hope you feeling better today. if not.. try happy music, sing along, dance or try hiring a feel good dvd. Enjoy with a mug of hot chocolate and a warm blanket =) dnt kno if this'l work 4u but sometimes i just refuse to let myself feel down. tell yourself that you'r happy, that its gonna be a good day. somehow your mood follows! (god i hav to stop watching those motivational speakers!)

M Junaid said...

hang in there ruby
when im sad i eat food- food always cheers me up :)

qdee said...

aww...hope ur feeling better.
retail therapy helps. or icecream.
sadness will pass!

Saaleha Idrees Bamjee said...

stuff will make you happy.
seriously.

:)