Monday, May 21, 2007

My holiday- detailed!

So, MJ has been complaining, since the last few posts on my blog have only been videos... but since getting back form my trip, i have been so busy at work, that i didnt even get a chance to sit down an reply to all the mail that piled up while i was away..

as promised, here is the details of my holiday:
it was absolutely what I needed.. I got to spend time with my friend (whom i miss terribly since she got married and moved to CT) , i got to spend time with my best friend and her family (she came with me but stayed at her sister's house) but most immportantly, i got to spend time with myself.. yep, im not being conceited or anything, but after all the drama regarding the loser, i just needed atime out, away from everyone and everything, to get things back into perspective, and this short holiday was just what i needed. I was staying at century city, so i could pop inot Canal Walk anytime i wanted , watched movies, did some shopping and when my friend was free, we did stuff together... I didnt do much tourist-y things, but i have seen all the major spots of Cape Town, so it was fine by me, besides, when u go sight-seeing etc. you get tired and i wasnt up for that...

Also, a highlight of my trip was taht i got to meet three fellow bloggers. I regrettably, wasnt as organised as most of you , so, i ended up meeting each of them seperately (all at Canal Walk) but, singleguy and I managed to meet up at Limnos for chocolate eclairs and chocolate cake (yummy), Dreamlife and I met up for coffee, and Lady and I managed to spend sunday afternoon, having a girly-girl chat over Divine Marcel Apple baklava ice-cream..

But the climax to my trip,was as i landed at OR Tambo tuesday evening and switched on my cell, I got a message from none other than Loser Guy... after two freaking months... the sms went like this : slmz, hope you're ok. just wanted to say hi. take Care... well, screw you Loser, I didnt reply.. cos, im no dummy.. there is no such thing as coincidence esp. for him to contact me after two and a half months.. so i figured, that he was in CT (since his old/new/current/always) girlfriend lets call her Mini-Mouse (now now, im not being mean, she drives amini cooper) lives there, and since she waorks really close to Canal Walk, at the same company as my friend and He does, the a**hole, must have seen me at their building or CW, and he was trying to see if i would tell him that i was around.. well, HA to you...
then, on wed. evening, i went to visit a friend of mine, who also happens to know the whole crew of this drama, and i found out that this girl Minnie Mouse, went out/was going out with Loser guy from 2004. now, i knew that he went out with her before he met me, but he told me a completely different story, and these sources have the first-hand truth... so, i am so grateful, that i did not reply to his sms, (thanks MJ for the advice) , and also that i longer have any contact with this liar loser of note... and since i found this out, i have been so happy, its unbelievable... I actually feel sorry for him, since he is 33 yrs old, but he is as confused as an 18 yr old (no, even an 18 yr old knows where they headed) cos if he is going out with her for 3-odd yrs,on/off, and still doesnt know if he wants to marry her,or doesnt have the guts (read balls) to stand up to his parents whom i suspect don't approve of Minnie Mouse, then he is befitting of the name Loser Guy, and I feel sorry for her as well, cos regardless of whta type of person she is , no-one deserves to be used in this way, and to be stringed (is this a word?) along for so many years thinking that all is hunky-dory in your little world, without having any idea of what your 'boyfriend's intentions are... onlt thing i can say i s Shmae , for both of them, and I am Thankful to Allah, for having saved me from something evil.. and I promise that this is the last time that i mention Loser Guy on my blog... This is valuable space not worthy of crap!! lol...

so, i am once again, my happy content self, just freezing in the cold today!!!

13 comments:

M Junaid said...

i'm just bitching because i dont have broadband at home so i cant check out the videos :P

MJ approves off any holiday where there is excessive consumption off desserts

as for loser guy - the sms was a classic 'reel you in' strategy.

lady is cool - met her in december last year :)

i suggest for your new guy, whichever unlucky guy it is :P that you keep it in the same province - long distance sucks

hA! - My word verification says poesyumi

Anonymous said...

WHAT A MORON!

You are lucky you found all this out before getting deeper into it.

Ruby I've met you and you are a freaking gem! I don't get what kind of a moron would do that to you.

I feel like slapping someone now.

Grr....

ZK said...

*KaSlap* Loser guy needs big hiding...you want i mus tsort him out huh huh huh???
mwah you worth more and Mj is right its classic tactic trust me i would know...but you cleverer then me so don't fall for that shit...
o and you have friends which are way better then sum Arsewipe...
mwah

M Junaid said...

fuck!
you guys a bunch off violent bitches hey

M Junaid said...

jst kidding
i love you guys
mj runs as fast as he can

SingleGuy said...

he "take care"-ed you???

The shiT!!!

So let's get this straight, in all the time he was calling you, he had been dating her too??

He needs someone to "take care" of him, cape flats style!

Ruby :) said...

Mj: dont worry hun, my holiday consisted ONLY of sweet things, I was lucky they didnt have to roll me into the plane... speaking of the next unlucky guy... i am being set up with a guy from SA who is currently in London.. hows that for long distance? lol.. never gonna work i tell u ! btw, if you run, we will all run after you...
Fatima: thanks, i guess this is one time where i can safely say :its not me, its you" and mean it, cos he was defifnitle two pennies short of making up his pea-sized mind...
ZahirA: thanks for the offer, but dont think he is even worthy of your precious slap.. and i have such cool friends, i dont have to worry.. :) :)
Single0Guy: yep, he take-cared me, and then expected me to reply.. guess he is still in the dark as to what take care means hey.. cos he doesnt know what a blog is!!! hehehehe and yeah, i think when we met, they were on the'off' part of their stormy relationship which has been on/off since '04, and somehow, they got switched on (eskom sorted out the problems in CT) sometime in jan... but, we only ended things in march, so till then its was both of us... what gets me the most is.. that he didnt have the decency to just tell me about her, cos till today, he has no way of knowing that i know all about the situation!!! and i think he was looking for other girls cos his parents won't approve of her... (im not jugding her.. okay maybe i am .. but she is not a model muslim girl..)

Saaleha Idrees Bamjee said...

rock on rubes:)

Anonymous said...

hey ruby

No you're not a meanie.

because if you were, then you'd have taken his head and put it on a stake up here on your blog as a warning to silly guys.

:D

But honestly I think stupid people come into our life so that we learn to identify the bull early. And if you cant then you get married and live like a goldfish, oblivious to your own f***tardedness. So respect. You were lucky and ANd his loser points just went up.

Keep smiling.

Love and kisses

HHP

Hasina Suliman said...

now i read stuff, and its like your voice narrating it to me,
how cool is that??
was fun meeting u babe :D

rah* said...

"cos regardless of whta type of person she is , no-one deserves to be used in this way, and to be stringed (is this a word?) along for so many years thinking that all is hunky-dory in your little world, without having any idea of what your 'boyfriend's intentions are..."

t00 tr00

bb_aisha said...

This sounds exactly like wot happnd to a frnd of mine recently.losers name isnt zahed by any chance? just checkin:-p glad u had a fab hol. Heres to meetin a fab guy who deserves u

Ruby :) said...

hey bbAiaha.. his name was one alphabet short of a zahed...take away the d.. and add a 'r'...and he is from a 'friendly city' close to where HHP is from..(so hamish is going to sort him out for me:) :)