Tuesday, May 22, 2007

My nephew and I



My nephew is in nursery school, but the amount of stuff that they have to do is ridiculous, and naturally, as his aunt, i end up doing the stuff him. The project for this week was to build a model of a house, so, i spent my sunday making a house, painting it and got it ready for him to take to school yesterday... only to find out that his house was too plain (words of my sister.. his mother) and the other kids in the class all had 'cooler looking' houses (his words) ... so, the next time he has a project, i will not do it for him, no matter how many hugs and kisses i get as bribery for the work to be done...

For next week, he has to learn a nursery rhyme since they going to have a nursery rhyme competition.. try getting a four year old to repeat after you.. nursery rhymes which I haven't heard of.. ever!!! I really dont recall doing any these things when i was at pre-school..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww that is such a sweet picture!!

I wish my nephews would stand still enough to take a picture like that with me! There's always gotta be some bribe/threat to make them sit still!

Yes, preschool has gone ridiculous! My nephew had to make a farmhouse!
My bro and his wife stayed up until 11pm to do it - here's betting 50 bucks that if they didn't move to JHB it would've been "Foi" (me)! :P

Yes, I too don't remember projects in preschool! Wth!

sigh..the good ol days...