Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Blind dates would work if i was BLIND !!!!

I have been hunted down, and forced into meeting people that I have no interest in meeting because of two important facts:
1) I am almost 25 (considered way over the hill in Indian culture)
2) I am single
and this is not acceptable!!! Every single person that I know, has taken it upon themselves to find "a nice guy" for me since it seems that I cant find one on my own.
It would however, be okay with me, if the guys that turn up, dont make me wish that I was blind, or invisible or both.

Last year, I was subjected to 8 such "set-ups" (according to my fan-club, I cannot call them blind dates cos I had spoken to them before ) and even though its only the third month in the year, I am once again harrassed into meeeting some sad sad prospects (3 people to date, with two more up-coming sure-to-be-disasters. )

Dont get me wrong, I am not adverse to meeting someone, and hopefully taking an interest in them,(and hopefully they return all feelings involved) but, I'd like it to happen spontaneously, when I least expect it, and I want to see stars and feel my heartbeat speed up, NOT when I am forced to sit through a coffee/supper date . Okay, I now that my idea of the meeting is ridiculous but a girl can dream rite...

IN the meantime, while Prince Charming is battling his way through the peak hour traffic on the M1 , in a effort to get to me , I will just have to grin and bear the idiots, and hopefully everyone will just give up, or run out of people that "I Just have to meet!!! "

1 comment:

zee said...

actually a really really nice blog :) KEEP IT UP


comment though - spontaniety is overrated ;)

ciao.