Thursday, March 09, 2006

Thats what friends are for!!!

This post could be considered as a continuation from yesterday's, since its regarding the same, god-forsaken topic... (sorry, im just really p'ed off).

I have this really awesome, cool, sweet friend that was in my Honours class with me in 2003. We have done lots of fun stuff together, as well as sitting and bitching and swearing about all our study stress and the disasterous love-lives that we had during that horrible year. Anyway, when we graduated I continued with my post-grad degrees and she went into the industry to work. So, we dont really see each other often, but meet up for coffee once in a while when our busy social schedules permit.

I called her last night to confirm if she was joining a group of us for supper on friday night, and ,we were chating along, about general stuff(and people that we know) when she suddenly says "RubY, I have a guy that I want you to meet" and I immediately, without a moments hesitation said " NO, plz, not you as well...."
so, she goes on to say: He is a really nice guy, A bit dweeby, but please just meet him...

so I ak her ... Sweety, If he is a dweeb (her exact words were " If you see him, You will think that he did IT or something in that field) (no offence to IT people) but immediately a distinct image of a guy in a white shirt, a skew pair of specs dangling off his nose and a couple of ballpoint pens in his shirt pocket flashed through my mind!!! I know, im really judgemental.... then, as if that wasnt bad enough she goes on to say "he is a really shy guy, complete introvert to you being an extrovert, but mayb he needs to meet someone like you " and " On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd rate you, my friend, a seven (a bit low I thought) and I'd give him a 5...
A FIVE . My friend, who thinks im extroverted, a 7/10 and knows the type of guys that I generally find attracttive, thinks that I am soooo desperate, that she wants me to meet and accountant/IT guy, who is an introverted, 5/10...

Desperate times call me desperate measures, so, I have put my thinking cap on, and I need to come up with a brilliant plan to deflect all these people that are being thrown at me, from all directions... QUICKLY, before I go insane !!! Rite now, its a seed of an idea, and when it begins to germinate, and my wonderful idea blossoms I will definitely be posting about it ( you can see, that i grow plants can't ya)

No comments: