Wednesday, March 29, 2006

It can only happen in South Africa






I saw a really strange roadsign that I'm sure cannot be found anywhere else in the world.. but before I explain, let me introduce you to my beautiful country South Africa.
The pics of the city, is the skyline of Johannesburg (where I live) and the coastal pics are of Cape Town and Durban... (places I would rather be in right now)

the story about the roadsign...
My family and I were invited to a cousin"s wedding who lives in the country. So, we set out for the two and a half hour drive early last sunday morning, driving along the quite two lane road, lined with maize-fields on either side, swaying gently in the wind, sunflowers smiling down at us as we merrily drive by. As we near a cross-road, we see a road-sign thats says " BEWARE! HIJACK SPOT 500m AHEAD"

Now, where else beside sunny, wonderful South Africa will you be priviledged enough to be warned , by a ROADSIGN, of a possibility of being hijacked?

No comments: