Monday, August 28, 2006

Highlights of the last two weekends!!!

Approx reading time: 4 minutes 12 seconds

The last two weekends have been really wonderful, so, I have decided to tell all my fellow bloggers about them(cos I have nothing else to talk about right now, im at work and really, really bored...)

Last week wednesday, i recieved an email from Clarins House, inviting me for a
make-up workshop (im on their database since i went for the workshop in March), these woekshops have limited space (15-20 ladies at a session, so, I feel quite priviledged to have been invited) so, best friend (who is offended that i refer to her as such, so, henceforth she will be called by her name i.e. Shaakera (and her hips dont lie either) and I decided to go for this ... It was a relaxing afternoon, the Clarins ladies did a demo, and then we all had to do our own make-up. I left Clarins house, with Orange eye-shadow, and royal blue mascara (i never apply mascara normally, because I ahve naturally stunning eyelashes(flutter them delicately and, as strange as those colours sound, they looked absoulutely amazing on, so, after being made-up stunningly, I went out for supper with my family and felt very upset when it was time to wash all the pretty stuff off my face that evening..

You all already know what I did on Saturday evening (KANK) and I spent sunday shopping with my mum and sister in Rosebank and Sandton...

This weekend was also lovely...

Visited "The Guy" at his shop on friday afternoon, spent time chatting to his mum and sister , then went out for supper in the evening. On saturday afternoon Shakeera and I decided to go to the Nedbank Bridal Fair at the sandton convention centre...

This is an interesting story...
as we taking the on-ramp onto the highway (M1: smit street) two M3 BMW's are passing on the extreme right lane, (one black, and one silver grey) but they want to get onto the middle lane (becuase of the speed trap's that are always present i suppose) so, the black car is now in front of me, and since its an M3 (with a cute guy which IS indeed rare) i gave the second guy some space to gap in .. so, there i am, driving along, with these two M3's in front of us, and after the "Speed-trap bridge", I take my right, and pick-up speed, silver M3 also gets into the right lane , so i move into the middle lane and then black M3 comes up into the third lane, next to me, so, we sandwiched between these two M3's with cute guys on the highway.. They then smile at us, and signal to us to wind-down our windows, so Shakeera does so, and the guy in the black M3 asks her for her cellphone number.. So, bright spark that she is, Gives him my cell phone number, the HOT guy then says thanks, closes his window and both cars smoothly glide away, two minutes later, my phone rings and its HIM.. so, shakeera speaks to him, and these guys that we know from Nowhere, want to take us to the movies... so, good girls that we are (and rapist weary as well) said, no thanks, we are going to meet our family at the bridal fair, and politely declined... But, how cool was that, I dont think any of the directors in Bollywood of thought of that scene yet.. I can just picture ShahRukh and Arjun in two flashy cars, with maybe Rani/Priety in the middle...(henceforth,I will be officially calling myself The M3 magnet ...lol)

The bridal show was interesting, outfits were all stunning, there was one outfit that i liked and was priced at R 15 000 .. (what can i say, i have expensive taste)
The fashion show was entertaining, and as a finale, Guarav Chopra cames on stage and did some moves from one of the movies (he is a choreographer in Bollywood for those of you that didint know that !!! )

On a sadder note: Saaleha was a bit slow in the t-shirt printing for Pluto, (sniff, sniff, Pluto has now been downgraded, and has been stripped of the title of planet... yep, you read correctly, Pluto is no longer a planet.. Don't you hate it when the new guys jsut bust in, and have no regard for the little guys...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

in the story, i was thinking they'd meet you at the bridal fair, and.....(fill in your own "happily ever after" ending here :)

ps: as for Pluto, if we all just *pretend* its still a planet, maybe they'll get sick of correcting us and just change it back ;)

Saaleha Idrees Bamjee said...

:)
yep, story of my life. too lazy to be pro-active.
no matter, will still try and get a couple of 'we'll miss you Planet Pluto" tees done. or something catchier. drop me mail anyone, if you've got some fresher ideas.

Bilal said...

Hmm, really interesting.. I would never have imagined that this is what fun weekends were like.. I think its important to understand society around you, and this insight reveals much! Thanks..

Ruby :) said...

Glad you found it insight.. But, its not stuff that i do every weeekend.. Its not fun as in WOW, i had a blast!!! but its relaxing to go shopping, meet up with friends and just do arb. stuff so that your brain can also get some rest..

rah* said...

if it was a bollywood movie...his mother would be asking you to wind down the windows, and asking for YOUR mother's number :)

Anonymous said...

oooooooooooh...this is what bollywood stuff is made of.
:P
brings back memories *sigh*