Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I have fallen off the wagon

Approx reading time: 1 minute 50 seconds

I think that i should sign up to a CA group. although CA in this case would stand for "Chocoholics Anonymous" ... I would then be able to go to weakly meetings, stand up, and meekly say " Hi, my name is Ruby and I am a chocoholic" and my fellow CA memebers would reply "Hello Ruby" ...

Last week, after a chocolate binge that consisted of truffles, pralines and all things that went straight to my hips, i decided to go on a chocolate diet. Now, this was a huge step for me, considering that i have a least one bar of chocolate a day ( I love Charlie and the Chocolate Factory btw) (my fav. choc. right now is the cappucino Aero) anyway, decide to stop the chocs and see how long i could manage without the little brown pieces of heaven ...

A total of 3 days!!! I went without chocolate for three days, before i started showing signs of complete withdrawal (might have been PMS as well) , moodiness, irritable, highly strung out, and the fact that none of my experiments have worked in the last two weeks didnt made it any easier...

What made me fall off the wagon was a 250g slab of "threesome" ... the relatively new choc. that consists of three layers, a chocolate, followed by a white chocolate layer, and a slightly smaller piece of Dark chocolate on top of that, thereby, forming a (sort of )pyramid shape... but, nonetheless, I cannot be blamed, it was the Chocolates fault, for having found its way to the countertop, right in from of my Chocolate-starved eyes....

6 comments:

Saaleha Idrees Bamjee said...

that ménage à trois would push anyone over the edge:)

Shafinaaz Hassim said...

i heard recently someone say... money talks.. but choColaTe singsss..
lol..
apparently so! :P

to the scientist in you, heres a bit of info.. theres an ingredient in chocolate or rather in the processed cocoa bean, called theo-bromine.. and in english this kinda translates to 'food of the gods(theo)'

and so im thinking chocoholics are verY much in touch with the Divinity within them!

So,quit starving yourself of being trUe to yourself! You'r a Chocolate Goddess or something ;)

Bilal said...

try eating crayons, could have one of two effects:
1. rekindle old addictions and you get hooked again and hence forget chocs:-P
2. it reminds you how much better chocs taste and then you start craving!

Ruby :) said...

Bilal; now you've and convinced me to stick to chocolate for life, I can just imagine how totally revolting a crayon will taste.. yuck!!!

Kimya:the scientist in me knows all about the good stuff thhat chocolate contains... especially the phenylalanine, which is a compound that stimulates the "feel good" hormone serotonin, so the one feels happy ... incidentally, its also the hormone that is released when one thinks that they are in luuuvvv...

Anonymous said...

why are you even trying to leave chocolate?!?!
how can you?!
i feel betrayed :(

:P

zee said...

no, it was def PMS ;)