Friday, August 18, 2006

One more reason…

Anyone who knows me, knows where to find me on a Saturday afternoon because a Saturday afternoon is my “me’ time, when I get to go shopping for a couple of hours by myself, and in JHB, the only shopping mall worth going to, whether its for just window-shopping, browsing through the stores, or some serious retail therapy is Sandton City.

Since shopping is such an exertion of energy and the most strenuous form of exercise entire week, I normally have to then stop at either Nescafe for some coffee, or if my sister is around (she also has to go to Sandton on a Saturday afternoon ) we all end up at Baglios for ice-cream…

Well, no more… no more Baglios, no more Nescafe, no more Mozart (elsewhere, not in sandton) because soon, there will be ….. (drum-roll plz) HAAGEN – DAS opening in the walkway between Sandton City and Nelson Mandela Square and boy am I excited….. over the moon with joy… I cant wait for the MOST d-i-v-i-n-e ice-cream in the world to finally arrive in JHB… thus far the only other make that has come even remotely close to H-D taste, was an ice-cream parlour in Cape Town that was called SINFUL and truly lived up to its name (truly orgasmic ice-cream) with names like Heavenly Hash (I’d thought I was in heaven) and the Aero made me feel like I was floating on a beautiful bubble.

But, all those tastes will soon be fading into nothingness, once I get my tastebuds addicted to HD heaven….

BTW: it is the first Haagen Das franchise to have landed in SA...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love ice cream.
oh wheee....i can't WAIT to come to jhb just for this.
:)

zee said...

now ure talkin...gimme a shout - ill join u:)